Sheraton 200TC 100% Cotton Plain Pillowcases – Duck Egg • Available in Standard (Pairs); King (Sold individually); & Continental (Sold individually) Sizes
At 200 thread count, this cotton linen is an excellent value option. With 200 threads of 100% cotton packed into every square inch, it makes for a sublime sleeping experience. Light, elegant, and bobble-free, our cotton linen is made from the finest material we could find. It’s smooth, soft, and easy to iron.
A percale weave has a thread count of about 180 or higher, and is noticeably tighter than the standard type of weave used for bed-sheets. It has medium weight, is firm and smooth with no gloss, and warps and washes very well. This 200TC plain pillowcase pair is made of 200 thread count, 100% cotton percale linen.
There are three factors that determine the quality and feel of a sheet: The fibre from which it is made, how the fabric is woven, and the thread count. The most common fibre used for bed sheets is cotton. Percale is a plain-weave fabric, meaning that the warp and the weft threads cross over and under each other one at a time. The threads are tightly woven, which results in a fine texture and finish. The word “percale” is derived from pargalal, a centuries-old cloth from Persia. Sateen sheets have a luxurious look and feel. The fabric is made in a satin weave, in which warp threads interlace with filling threads, resulting in a lustrous, smooth-faced, durable fabric.
After determining the fibre and weave, you should always check the thread count, which refers to the number of threads woven per inch. In general, a sheet with a higher thread count will be more durable and feel softer. A thread count of 200 is a good standard; a count of 300 will be noticeably softer.
While all of these factors should be taken into account when choosing sheets, ultimately, your personal preference is most important. The best test will come when you take your sheets home, wash them, and sleep on them for a while.
200TC Pure Cotton:
• Cool, comfortable, natural, this fine bed linen is made from the purest cotton yarn.
• Bed linen made from cotton is highly durable and will retain its luxurious feel was after wash.
• Standard Pillowcase – 45 x 70cm
• King – 50 x 90cm
• Continental – 75 x 75cm
• Colours – White / Duck Egg / Light Silver
• Style – Plain Edge
• Base Fabric: 200 Thread Count 100% Cotton.
• Bed linen made from 100% cotton is highly durable and will retain its luxurious feel wash after wash.
Pillowcase Size Chart:
• Standard: 45 x 70cm (Sold in Pairs)
• King: 50 x 90cm (Sold individually)
• Continental: 75 x 75cm (Sold individually)
Duvet Cover Size Chart:
• Double: 200 x 200cm – Incl. 2 pillowcases.
• Queen: 230 x 200cm – Incl. 2 pillowcases.
• King: 230 x 220cm – Incl. 2 pillowcases.
• King XL: 260 x 230cm – Incl. 2 pillowcases.
Fitted Sheet Size Chart:
• Single: 91 x 188 x 30cm
• Three Quarter: 106 x 188 x 30cm
• Double: 137 x 188 x 30cm
• Queen: 152 x 188 x 30cm
• King: 182 x 188 x 30cm
Flat Sheet Size Chart:
• Single / Three Quarter: 180 x 250cm
• Double / Queen: 230 x 250cm
• King: 270 x 250cm
Designed & manufactured in South Africa by Sheraton Textiles.